|Strictly Limited Games
|SLG Pre Order Start:
|22 May 2022
|SLG Release Number:
|Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5
Breakers CollectionBreakers Collection – Two cult-classics finally coming to the West in one refined & remastered collection!
Breakers Collection includes two cult-classic Japanese 2D arcade fighting games with Breakers and Breakers Revenge and adds brand-new content, quality of life improvements and even an online multiplayer mode to mark the triumphant launch of the franchise on modern home consoles, for the very first time!
In 1996, Breakers was released in Japanese arcades for Neo Geo and managed to garner a dedicated fighting-game fanbase over the years. Due to its loyal fans, the sequel Breakers Revenge followed in 1998, also for Neo Geo. Both titles featured gorgeous 2D graphics and refined gameplay, thanks to player input since its announcement as Crystal Legacy in 1993. Sadly, since Breakers’ homeport to the Neo Geo AES was only released in Japan and Revenge didn’t receive one at all, the series never made it onto home consoles in the West and faded into obscurity, acquiring the title of cult classic in the process.
Now, over 20 years later, Breakers finally breaks out of obscurity with a bang. We are proud to present to you the upcoming physical versions of both Breakers and Breakers Revenge in one refined collection, courtesy of the magnificent remastering efforts by QUByte. Easy to learn but challenging to master – this is a fighting game gem for retro fans and newcomers of all ages. This also marks Strictly Limited Games’ first release of a 2D fighting game, and we could not be prouder that it is a title with such a storied history that aligns so well with our values and deserves a permanent, physical legacy!
- A hidden gem from the golden age of arcade fighting games, remastered for modern consoles
- Makes full use of the Neo Geo’s power to deliver beautiful pixel graphics
- Sophisticated gameplay with fast and sharp controls that rewards tactics over button mashing
- Compete for life or death in the legendary FIST tournament in Arcade mode
- Duke it out with your friends to assert dominance on your couch in classic Versus mode
- Brand-new training mode, being a highly requested feature after the Beta (Revenge only)
- Impeccable online multiplayer featuring rollback net code with casual and ranked modes, tested by the community during Open Beta (Revenge only)
- Global online ranking boards (Revenge only)
- Up 10 characters to choose from, each with their unique fighting style (8 in Breakers and 10 in Revenge)
- Art Gallery mode